Skip to main content

Evaluation Question 1

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

Click HERE for video: Evaluation Question 1

As I developed my magazine, I was researching many magazines I may relate to. I was inspired through many photos and magazines, which allowed me to find ideas on how my magazine may look and come out. On my cover page some, my masthead was “ The Impact” to correlate with the text. I designed my masthead with bold letters to have the “impact “ affected. I used a light brown to go with my color scheme and the background of my cover image.  I was inspired by many magazines  such as “Essence” and “Ebony” that used bold letters to attract their audience.  As I went through the processes of creating my product, my theme was “professionalism”. I want my model to have a very neat appearance and a leader demonor. Therefore, I wanted to have the office background to show the professional setting. My magazine consisted of cover lines, pug,  and a bar code. These elements each had their significance as well. I used my cover lines to attract my target audience through interesting and relating topics such as “influential people”. This was inspired from those previous magazine states as well. I used attractive bold colors on my magazine. My magazine consisted of a barcode to have a more natural and authentic look. My contents page consisted of conventions such as images, page numbers, and subheadings. Each convention correlated to the information my cover page consisted of. I included information under the subheading to go into detail on what the magazine will consist of for my audience. My images on my contents were relating to the articles as well. For instance, one image presented an event that presented individuals who continue to impact other lives. My double-page spread consisted of a feature story that my target audience may be interested or related to. I included a picture of my model to present the professional setting again. I used a brown color scheme to attract my audience as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Calendar

Draft : Preliminary Task

Picture from  Canva.com  In class we discussed magazine covers. Although I do not own rights to the cover image, I wanted to get fimilar with the tools and format that I may use for my magazine cover.   

Mise-en-scene

 What is Mise-en-scene?  Mise-en-scene is the arrangement of scenery and stage properties in a play. It is the setting or surroundings of an event or action. Elements in the mise-en-scene includes is following:  Production:  Location: the place/setting where the film has taken place. It is where the film crew, film and recorded their characters.   Studio: privately owned facility that are used to make and record films.  Set design: the creation of  f  the physical space which action of a performed event takes place. It consists all the props, furniture, and more. It gives the stage, it's overall look.  Costume and make-up: The clothing and attire of the character. Customs and make-up also gives the character emotion or situation. It gives the audience insight on a character. In some movies, costumes and make-up may show truths. Costumes and make-up can give the audience a story behind the characters characteristics.   Lighting: the lighting set-up guides the eye to character, prop,