Skip to main content

Evaluation of Preminlary Task

The preliminary task allowed me to practice and gain skills such as editing and planning. This task has allowed me to be familiar with the tools in Canva which will help with my cover page, contents page, double page spread. This has allowed me to pay attention to the font, color scheme, and more. 

  • The masthead "NEXT BEAT" attracts the audience by  explaining what the magazine is about. (Music) This has allowed me to focus on what font  will attract the audience such as bold letters. 

  •  The color scheme is used to attract the audience by the color meaning. Red gives a strength, love, desire, mood. In my preliminary task, it presents the artist who loves his music. 

  • The model of the cover page also reveals what the magazine may be about. In my preliminary, I did make the name up of the model (Trapp$). I used that name to attract the audience by presenting someone they may be familiar with or name may be attractive . This will cause my audience to continue to increase as well.

  • My coverlines also are used to attract the audience and discuss what the magazine will be about. For example, “10 of the best verses” attracts the audience to wonder what music artists have the best lyrics. However, I should have focused more on "Hip-Hop" rather than putting information about politics .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Calendar

Mise-en-scene

 What is Mise-en-scene?  Mise-en-scene is the arrangement of scenery and stage properties in a play. It is the setting or surroundings of an event or action. Elements in the mise-en-scene includes is following:  Production:  Location: the place/setting where the film has taken place. It is where the film crew, film and recorded their characters.   Studio: privately owned facility that are used to make and record films.  Set design: the creation of  f  the physical space which action of a performed event takes place. It consists all the props, furniture, and more. It gives the stage, it's overall look.  Costume and make-up: The clothing and attire of the character. Customs and make-up also gives the character emotion or situation. It gives the audience insight on a character. In some movies, costumes and make-up may show truths. Costumes and make-up can give the audience a story behind the characters characteristics.   Lighting: the lighting set-up guides the eye to character, prop,

Draft : Preliminary Task

Picture from  Canva.com  In class we discussed magazine covers. Although I do not own rights to the cover image, I wanted to get fimilar with the tools and format that I may use for my magazine cover.