Skip to main content

Analyzing House Styles Reflection

How are they chosen? 

Different magazine publisher/editors all have different perspectives on the way they want to capture the audience attention. They focus on the color scheme, cover graphic, fonts, and more. 

My magazine: 

In order to choose a house style, I will have to do reasearch. I will have to research more about what different colors to portray to the audience,  ways to gain audience attention in unfamiliar ways , and more. My magazine will be about Black Women in business, therefore I will have to do certain research that will make my magazine attract the black community or even other races that find it interesting. I will have to find people such as Michelle Obama that the auidence eye will catch.  To be more in depth, I will be creating a magazine about  influential black women and their impacts on their community/world. Therefore, there's plenty of things to research in order to have a wonder house style. 


Things I have to focus on: 

  • Font and Masterhead 
  • Magazine title and logo 
  • Color 
  • Layout 

  Example of a magazine cover

 that uses different trechnisques 
to cat the audience attention. 
                                                                      Picture from Canva.com 

All the previous points will be all the parts within my house style that will have a effective meaning to the audience, especially the black commmunity. 





                                                                    Picture from Canva.com 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Final Pages

 

Production Calendar

Still-Life photography - Laura Letinsky

For my magazine, I decided to research different photographers  that may inspire me for my magazine cover by their methods and focuses.   Laura Letinsky  Laura Letinsky is a Canaian photographer born 1962 in Winnipeg , Canada. She is known for her still life art. She began her career with taking photos of people but late 1900s, she replaced people  with objects. She uses objects such as fruit bowls to present their beauty. She presents that nature within her photographs.  https://thegreatdiscontent.com/interview/laura-letinsky https://www.artsy.net/artist/laura-letinsky   https://www.yanceyrichardson.com/artists/laura-letinsky